VLC Media Player for Windows 7 is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols. Free and Open Source cross-platform media player
• Supports a large number of multimedia formats, without the need for additional codecs
• Features a complete streaming server, with extended features (video on demand, on the fly transcoding, …)
VLC Media Player for Windows 7 can also convert media files, transcode and act as a streaming server over unicast or multicast and IPv4 or IPv6. It doesn’t need any external codec, program or codec pack to work.
There was a time when video files all conformed to some basic requirements and could be played without protest using any media software. As technologies change and licensing becomes more restrictive and specific, simply playing a video file has now become a challenge and thanks to the plethora of obscure proprietary formats now available, finding a media player that works for the majority has become more hassle than it’s worth. Thankfully the open source community have come up with a solution in the form of VLC, otherwise know as VideoLAN Client.
Features of VLC Media Player for Windows 7
• Simple, Powerful and Fast
• Plays everything, Files, Discs (DVD, CD, VCD), Devices and Streams
• Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed
• Completely Free, 0 Spyware, Ads or User Tracking
• Best Mpeg2, x264, DivX player
• Works on most platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix…
• Media Converter and Streamer